“WORTH EVERY PENNY” – Candace Payne said in her Facebook live video when she put on her Chewbacca mask for the first time.
But seriously, it really was worth every penny. Her video was posted on May 19th and went viral almost immediately! (I mean with so much joy and laughter how could it not??)
But since that video went viral, here’s how much money Candace Payne (or Chewbacca Mom, as the internet knows her) has made since May 19th.
– $3 000 gift card from Kohl’s (where she originally bought the mask)
– $2500 gift card from Hasbro
– $5000 in travel expenses to be on The Late Late Show with James Corden AND Good Morning America (not to mention the priceless experience of appearing on those shows)
– $7500 Disney World vacation for her family
– $400 000 (roughly) in tuition scholarships for herself, her husband and two kids to go to University in Florida.
Since May 19th Chewbacca Mom has recieved $420 000 dollars!!!!! (Excuse me while I try and go think of a way to become Internet famous)
PLUS – she got to meet the real Chewbacca too.
Sometimes the ‘little things in life’ really do pay off!!