Need a last minute Christmas gift? The holidays can be overwhelming and it’s easy to forget someone on your Christmas list! Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Here are some ideas for last minute gifts you can get or make yourself:
1. A COUPON TO EXPERIENCE SOMETHING TOGETHER
Experiences are the new ultimate gift! Why get them something that will sit on a shelf and collect dust, when you can come closer together through a fun experience or adventure! There are plenty of events, concerts, and activities to do together besides going to the movies. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- An escape room experience at one of the many escape rooms in Hamilton including Alcatraz Escape Rooms, The Adventure, The Crux, and more.
- A game of lazer tag on Upper James in Hamilton
- A fun trip to Flying Squirrel, the new trampoline park on Upper James in Hamilton
- A trip to the Toronto Zoo
- A concert for their favourite band at First Ontario Centre
- A gift certificate to a spa or nail salon to get a day together of pampering
- A dining experience in the CN Tower, or at Niagara Falls
- Search Groupon for more ideas!
2. M&M POEM JAR
A great idea for teachers or that special someone in your life. Requires very little effort, simply get a jar and fill it with M&M’s. Next, print (or write out for a more personalized touch) the M&M Poem below, and attach it to your jar. You could also place a gift card in the jar with the M&M’s!
Source: Happy Clippings
3. HOT COCOA KIT
This is a gift that is visually stunning, and affordable!
- Find some plastic bottles or tubes (available at craft stores or Amazon)
- Glue, ribbon, holiday-themed elastic bands, etc
- Items to fill the tubes with:
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini York Peppermint Patties and Almond Joy Pieces
- Peppermint Balls or Sticks – you could also use candy canes and crush them
Source: Hoosier Homemade
4. Emergency Chocolate Frame
A creative idea, you can use M&M’s or Skittles for a colourful visual, or use candies that you know the person likes the best. Box photo frames can be found at Dollarama and IKEA.
Source: 30 Minute Crafts
5. Cupcakes 101 Baking Kit
Head over to your local dollar store and purchase cupcake ingredients and colourful cupcake cups and put them together into your own kit!
Source: Bake It Pretty
6. SUBSCRIPTION BOXES
Who doesn’t love getting surprises in the mail? Subscription boxes can be a gift that keeps giving all year long – you can sign up for a single box, or a subscription for 3, 6, or 12 months! Order online with the home address of your gift recipient and put the account information into the Christmas card!
Some subscription box ideas:
Canada Craft Club
Canadian Beer Club
Everything Wine’s Wine Club
Foodie Pages Hidden Gems Wine Club
My Wine Canada
The Barrel Box – Alcohol themed. Does not include alcohol. *
COFFEE & TEA BOXES
Coast to Coast Coffee *
Craft Coffee (US, Shipping included)
Get Black Coffee
Hustle & Grind Co (US, + shipping)
Misto Box (US, Free shipping)
HOBBY, CRAFT, SPECIAL INTEREST BOXES
Board Game Bento
Smart Art Box (US, + shipping)
Sticker Swaps (UK, Free shipping)
Stitchy Box (US, $6 shipping)
Yarn Box (US, $5.95 shipping)
Yarn Crush *
Art in a Box (US, Canadian sub price includes shipping)
Miss Blanco Joyful Box
Put a Bow On It
Smiling Single Box
The Bride Box (US, $7.10 shipping/service fee)
White Willow Box
BOXES FOR MEN
Black Box Tie
Gentleman’s Box (US, +shipping)
Harry’s (US, $6 shipping) *
Men’s Accessories Box (US, $6.99 shipping) *
The Menswear Club (US, + shipping) *
Trendy Butler (US, + shipping)
See full list on Canadian Box Addict.
7. CANDY BOUQUET
Imagine getting one of these amazing candy bouquets! And they aren’t hard to make either! See instructions here. (via funkypolkadotgiraffe.net)
8. WINE, CANDLES, MUGS
If you’re stuck for a creative idea, you can always run the store and buy a $10-15 bottle of wine, and a $1 wine bag from the dollar store. Candles are easy finds to pick up, as well as funny or creative mugs from Marshalls, Homesense, or Winners.
BONUS: DIY Gift Ideas
Edible gift ideas: