The City Of Hamilton tweeted some great news about Gage Park! Free Wi-Fi has been installed and will be activated tomorrow, Wednesday June 21st!
— City of Hamilton (@cityofhamilton) June 19, 2017
This free Wi-Fi network is open to all park visitors between 6 am and 11 pm daily in the following areas:
- George R. Robinson Bandshell and surrounding area
- Horticulture building and surrounding area
- Water fountain and surrounding area
- Pump track and surrounding area
- Children’s museum indoors and surrounding area
- Splash pad and surrounding area
Gage Park visitors can access the internet using a Wi-Fi-enabled device such as a laptop computer, tablet PC, or smart phone.
The City’s Wi-Fi signal will display as “Hamilton_Guest”.
“Offering public Wi-Fi is a tremendous opportunity to close the digital divide and provide free wireless internet access for all residents,” says Matthew Green, Councillor at the City of Hamilton. “This is the first step in building a city that keeps up with the digital demands of the 21st century. Who knows, maybe the world’s next great computer programmer could be sitting beside you in Gage Park.”