Looking to Celebrate Halloween in Hamilton? We’ve got you covered!
After you’ve bought a Halloween costume or made one yourself, it’s time to plan which party (or parties if you’re adventurous) to show off your costume masterpiece, party, network, and have a great time.
Here are some of the spooky and fun events to check out this month in Hamilton!
Events For The Family & Kids
Happening Throughout October
- Check out Halloween themed games, crafts, and the family Halloween party at the Hamilton Public Library! Something for kids of all ages. Details
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-5pm head down to PumpkinFest! Enjoy a beautiful fall day at a 176 acre farm with a long winding laneway and rolling hills. Take a hay wagon ride to the pumpkin patch and search for the perfect pumpkin. Merry Farms, 1974 Concession Road 2 W, Hamilton (Lynden), ON. $8 /person; Under 2 years old are free. Details
- Looking for a Ghost Tour? Explore Caledonia’s historic downtown on guided, lantern-lit walking tours @ Caledonia Fairgrounds (151 Caithness St E, Caledonia, ON). October 7, 21, 28, 2017 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. All Ages $5; Children under 3 free. Details
- Hanes Corn Maze is the place to be for night mazes, carved into over 20 acres of 10′ tall walls of Cornstalks. Don’t forget a flashlight as you navigate the maze as eerie Halloween sounds fills the night. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Location: 1001 5 Hwy W, Dundas, open every day: 10:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Cost: $12. Call ahead to book groups. Details
Saturday, October 7th
- Head down to Dundurn Castle for a Haunted Ghostly Tour Event with Haunted Hamilton! Join your host “Spooky Steph”, Founder/Owner of Haunted Hamilton, and the HH Spooky Misfit Crew for a very rare and first-time ever Event almost 20 Years in the making. 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM & 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM at Dundurn Castle (610 York Blvd, Hamilton). $30/person. Details
Saturday, October 14th
- There’s a Haunted Winery party experience happening at Niagara-On-The-Lake.
- Stories In The Stones @ Hamilton Cemetery. Take a historical walking tour of selected grave sites in Hamilton Cemetery. 11am-2pm. 777 York Boulevard across from Dundurn Castle. FREE. Details
Sunday, October 15th
- Head down to The Zoetic (526 Concession Street, Hamilton) from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM for a massive dose of Halloween Family fun with The Second City! Get your gang dressed up in your Halloween costumes and enjoy the masters of improvisational comedy, as well as kids crafts, games, and prizes before the show!Big Bad Wolf vs Lord Underwearface Von Schtinker is a hilarious musical romp that takes a new look at a children’s classic. Our unlikely hero, Big Bad Wolf, must enlist the help of his fairy tale friends to prove that things aren’t always as they seem. Big Bad Wolf Vs. is one of our favourite Second City Family shows ever. Ideal for ages 5-12.Family value package $17 + HST; Second City + ticket $20 + HST. Details
Wednesday, October 18
- Kids in the Kitchen @ The Casual Gourmet (1027 King Street West, Hamilton). Join Catherine Switzer Holistic Nutritionst while she inspires young chefs to incorporate local healthy food everyday, develop safe kitchen skills, while gaining confidence & independence. In this class our Junior chefs will be learning some harvest inspired recipes! Ages 4-10. 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Cost: $25. If you can’t make it to this one, there is also another one of these events happening Oct 29. Tickets for Oct 18
Saturday, October 21
- Halloween Howl @ Fifty Point Conservation Area! An afternoon of Halloween family fun! 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Cost: $15. Details
- Pumpkin Prowl starts with kids games like pumpkin bowling and body part hockey and craft and activity booths hosted by My Free Hamilton, The Urban Zoo, Messy Play Studio, Determination Martial Arts, Erich’s Cupboard, and more! After the kids have played all the games and made fun Halloween crafts we all go trick or treating together around the neighbourhood to houses who have agreed to participate and hand out candy. 4:30-8:30pm @ Belview Park (181 Belmont Avenue, Hamilton). FREE! Details
- Ghost Walks: Hermitage Ruins! Being in the dark woods at the ruins of a haunted mansion was made for ghost stories! Go into the forest on the only tour of its kind. The Ruins have been part of Canadian ghost history for generations. Tours are every half hour 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM @ Dundas Valley Conservation Area (621 Sulphur Springs Rd, Ancaster). Cost: Adults $15, Kids (13 and under) $10. Details.
Sunday, October 22
- Pumpkin Sunday @ Westfield Heritage Village (1049 Kirkwall Rd – Rockton). A fun event for the whole family, especially the little ones! Featuring pumpkin-themed games, demonstrations, crafts and activities. Bring your camera! 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM. Cost: Regular admission. Details
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m head over to the free DVSA Family Art Day Open House – making art and having fun with your family. Designed for beginners to advanced students of all ages, this is a unique opportunity to do creative crafts from painting to pottery. Spooky arts and magic to get your whole family ready for pumpkins, ghouls and trick or treating. Drop-in. No registration required.
Wednesday, October 25
- FREE Pumpkin Walk @ Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum (64 Sulphur Springs Road). Walk a slightly spooky trail thorough the grounds of Fieldcote Museum, illuminated by hand carved pumpkins both comical and creepy. This is a wonderful activity for your little ones. We have added food trucks this year! Free event. 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Details
Friday, October 27 & Saturday, October 28
- Haunted Halloween @ Westfield Heritage Village (1049 Kirkwall Road – Rockton). Something curious is happening in the village! Find out what as you explore by lantern, pumpkins and moonlight. Cost: Regular admission. 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Details
Saturday, October 28
- Halloween Hunt – Kids can spot the pumpkins and receive a ‘trick or treat’ from the merchants and market vendors. 10:00 AM @ Ottawa Street
- Concession Fallfest – Head over to Concession Street for their Concession Fallfest! Scheduled musicians between noon and 3pm, Makers located at the RBC parking lot located at 555 Concession Street, Sales and specials from local merchants, Trick or Treating along our Concession Street for the kids, Pumpkin Carving Contest, and more!
- Halloween Comicfest! Get Free Comics during Halloween Comicfest. Head to a participating comic shop on October 28 to get free comics! Also be on the look-out for mini-comic packs that will be available in comic shops which are great to pass out to trick-or-treaters on Halloween! Details
- Do you like Laser Tag? Then plan to head to the Halloween Lock-In Party at Lazer Mania (865 Upper James St., Hamilton). You get UNLIMITED laser tag w/ complimentary pizza and pop! During the lock-in party you will be subject to play all of our different laser tag game modes such as: Zombie Infection, Elimination, Man Hunt, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Stealth mode (no lights), and of course our regular team and solo games! 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM. $40/person. Details
- Wizarding Workshop @ Steam Museum Woodshed. They’ve transformed the museum into a school for young wizards and witches! Kids are invited to take part in our wizarding workshop, where they will get to perform some supernatural science experiments, create potions, and make their own wand! Workshop will also include a visit with some magical creatures, a ride on our very own “Hogwarts Express” train, and a guided tour of the museum. Ages 6 to 12. 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Location: Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology National Historic Site 900 Woodward Avenue. $50/person, includes museum admission. Pre-registration required. Details.
- Enchanted Evening @ Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology National Historic Site (900 Woodward Avenue). Prepare for an enchanted evening! Come dressed as your favourite Harry Potter character to show off your knowledge through a trivia challenge, learn how to make a wand, and mingle with fellow Potterheads to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Philosopher’s Stone. Staff will transform the Woodshed into a magical setting ready for selfies, conversations and themed food. Ages 17+. From 7-10pm. $30/person, includes museum admission. Pre-registration required. Details
Sunday, October 29th
- Trick Or Treat @ Mizeners Antiques Market – 10:00 AM
- Kids in the Kitchen @ The Casual Gourmet (1027 King Street West, Hamilton). Join Catherine Switzer Holistic Nutritionst while she inspires young chefs to incorporate local healthy food everyday, develop safe kitchen skills, while gaining confidence & independence. In this class our Junior chefs will be learning some harvest inspired recipes! Ages 4-10. 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Cost: $25. Details
Monday, October 30th
- Wee Ones Halloween Party @ Gage Park Diner (975 Main St E, Hamilton). Come dressed up or not your call. Limited space we will provided light snacks and beverages. FREE event! Must register in order for us to have the right amount of snacks and beverages. Ages 0 – 6 years come from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM, Ages 6 – 14 come 4:30-6:30pm. Pre-register. Details
Tuesday, October 31st
- Safe Trick or Treat @ Eastgate Square 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Ghost Walks: Hermitage Ruins! Being in the dark woods at the ruins of a haunted mansion was made for ghost stories! Go into the forest on the only tour of its kind. The Ruins have been part of Canadian ghost history for generations. Tours are every half hour 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM @ Dundas Valley Conservation Area (621 Sulphur Springs Rd, Ancaster). Cost: Adults $15, Kids (13 and under) $10. Details.
Events For Adults
Friday, October 13th
- Friday The 13th Story Slam @ AGH Design Annex (118 James Street North) 6:30 PM. Slam Price: $5. Details
- 2017 Enchanted Witch’s Ball @ Leander Boat Club (50 Leander Drive, Hamilton). Join the chart topping award winning Dragon Ritual Drummers as they bring the house down at the lovely and stylin Leander Boat Club. Experience the area’s finest in Intuitive and Psychic Readings and take home some unique event themed gifts for purchase.Get settled for some bone chilling Parlor Tales and Haunted Harbor Lore as Capt John Swallow and QM Seika Hellbound share their real fascinating and frightening facts about our great lakes in the perfect eerie Hamilton Harbour setting. 5:00 PM – 12:00 AM . Cost: $40. Details
- Friday the 13th @ The Zoetic (526 Concession St – at Upper Wentworth). We’re going back to 1980 to relive one of the definitive slasher films which is now a cult classic. Directed by Sean S. Cunningham and written by Victor Miller, the film tells the story of a group of teenagers who are murdered one by one by an unknown killer while attempting to re-open an abandoned campground, and stars Kevin Bacon! 8pm. Cost: $13. Details
Saturday, October 14th
- Haunted Ghost Walk @ John Weir Foote Armories (200 James St N, Hamilton). Join your host Stephanie Lechniak, Founder & Owner of Haunted Hamilton since 1999, for a Ghostly Haunted Tour through the historic & haunted streets of Downtown Hamilton like you’ve NEVER seen before… through the eyes of the one-and-only, “Spooky Steph!”. 7-9pm. Meet outside of The Armouries $10/person. Details
Friday, October 20th
- Haunted Ghost Walk @ John Weir Foote Armories (200 James St N, Hamilton). Join your host Stephanie Lechniak, Founder & Owner of Haunted Hamilton since 1999, for a Ghostly Haunted Tour through the historic & haunted streets of Downtown Hamilton like you’ve NEVER seen before… through the eyes of the one-and-only, “Spooky Steph!”. 8-10pm. Meet outside of The Armouries $10/person. Details
- The Shining @ The Zoetic (526 Concession St – at Upper Wentworth, Hamilton). Stanley Kubrick’s psychological thriller The Shining, based on the book by Stephen King. It’s terrifying and haunting, and so much fun to see Jack Nicholson go crazy! To make it even more thrilling, we’ve added a short horror film thanks to our friends at the Hamilton Film Festival! 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM. $13. Details
Saturday, October 21st
- An Evening with Medium Sherry Gallant @ The Zoetic (526 Concession St – at Upper Wentworth, Hamilton). In this live event, Sherry will validate messages from loved ones who have crossed over to members of the audience and educate them that our loved ones are always with us. 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. $40. Details
- Drive-In Double Feature @ Starlite Drive In (59 Green Mountain Rd E., Stoney Creek). Another Hamilton Trash Cinema night at the Starlite Drive In. Come out and see two fun horror movies: Jack-O (1995) & Back From Hell (1993). 8:00 PM. Cost: $10/carload. Details
Thursday, October 26th
- Fall Masquerade Ball @ The Sheraton Hamilton Hotel (116 King Street West). An evening of glamour, masquerade-style, in support of the Interval House of Hamilton. There will be a silent auction, fashion show featuring talented local Hamilton designers and hosted by Linda Rourke of Cable 14, gourmet passed hors d’oeuvres, food stations, and plenty of exciting entertainment! We are also pleased to have Connie Smith as our emcee for the evening! 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM. Cost: $80. Details
Friday, October 27th
- Haunted Hamilton’s 16th Annual Halloween Costume Ball @ Grand Central Ballroom at Liuna Station. The BEST Halloween Bash in Hamilton! 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM. $60/person. Details
- Satan Survivor. Spooky Improv Show @ Staircase Theatre (27 Dundurn St N Hamilton) 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM. Details
Saturday, October 28th
- Annual Halloween Jamstravaganza with Fat Cats and Torque Hound @ Casbah (306 King Street West Hamilton). We’re talking about some of the best in funky, psychedelic, jam-rock! Get your costume ready and clear your schedule for this annual jamstravaganza. 9:00 PM – 1:00 AM. Cost: Advance $8; Door $15. Details
- Halloween Party with Jumble @ This Ain’t Hollywood (345 James St. N). 9:00 PM. Cost: $9.04 (including HST). Details
- After Funk with The Altobeelays Halloween Party @ The Corktown Pub (175 Young Street). Details
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show @ The Zoetic (526 Concession St). A one-of-a-kind movie experience just in time for Halloween! Costumes and traditions are encouraged, of course. Don’t dream it, be it! Be sure and do it up with our Signature Prop Bags and Cocktails! What a night! 19+. 7:00 PM & 11:00 PM. Admission $18.08; Admission & Prop Bag $23.73. Details
- Halloween Gala @ Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (4 Queen St S, Hamilton). The strange Halloween party is back! A night dedicated to you. Twisted and creative folks who love everything ghosts and Halloween. All inside a truly haunted building – Grand ballroom of the mysterious Scottish Rite of Freemasonry! 7:30 PM. Cost: $40.00. Details
- 80’s Halloween Party @ Club Absinthe (38 King William Street). Stranger Things theme! 19+ event. Cost: $5.00. Details
Tuesday, October 31st
- Heavy Halloween Heavy Halloween: A Night of Rock and Roll @ The Doors Pub (56 Hess St. South). 19+. 8:00 PM. Cost: $5. Details
- Halloween in the Hammer with Green Jelly w/ Astral Witch and King Beez @ This Ain’t Hollywood (345 James St. N). 9:00 PM. Details