Prank or poltergeist? With Halloween coming up, it’s timely that we come across a “ghost” story like this one!
CCTV footage from a secondary school in Cork, Ireland, recorded what appears to be unexplained events after a motion sensor was triggered.
The raw footage can be seen below.
A door slamming, a heavy set of lockers rocking back and forth violently, a locker door swinging open spilling books and papers across the floor, a wet floor sign appears to be kicked aggressively by an invisible force. What could this be?
For those thinking it clearly must be a hoax, there are some interesting factors to consider:
- The incident happened on October 1st.
- It happened just after 3am when no one was in the school. This hour is known as the “Witching Hour“, a time of night associated with supernatural events.
- The Headteacher, Aaron Wolfe, said in an interview with Unilad that he is “puzzled” by the incident and that “female members of staff do complain that this particular part is extremely cold.”
- That particular hallway is located right outside of the school’s religion room.
- The school is almost 200 years old, it was founded back in 1828.
The head also stated:
Our caretaker has worked in the school for over 30 years he recalls many stories of ‘paranormal activity’.
For example on one occasion the school was hosting an exotic bird show, and the birds arrived the day before, because the organisers were worried that someone might break in and steal the birds, someone had to stay overnight.
That person left the school in the middle of the night – they refused to stay any longer as they said that they heard ‘the last call’ being played on a trumpet – of course this could have just been the wind?!
As the video goes viral, the internet’s reaction is mixed with some spooked by it and others being skeptical of the video:
Whatever it is seems very angry. 😨
— Emma Danaher (@EmmaDanaher) October 4, 2017
Suspiciously good quality camera with sound for a security camera, and positioned at head height. mmm.
— Jason Mullan (@JasonMullan) October 4, 2017