If you just went outside you’re probably a walking Popsicle now.
With these record low temperatures, it easy for not only us to freeze but your car as well. Our cars aren’t really used to this cold!
So, here are 4 tips to help prevent your car from freezing:
1. Check Your Battery – Car batteries are usually the first to freeze. If you haven’t changed it in 3-5 years, do it now.
2. Storage – Park your car in your garage!
–If you don’t have one or you have more than one car in the driveway, then park as close as possible to your house or building. It’ll shield your card from the wind.
3. Gas – Yes Gas is pricey BUT it’s a huge help in these temperatures.
– Before you park your car for the night, make sure your tank if at least HALF full. This will prevent your gas line from freezing.
4. Alcohol – Don’t get too excited. it’s not THAT kind of alcohol.
– If your doors get stuck, all you need is alcohol from hand sanitizer or nail polish remover to unfreeze them.
If only we had plug in outlets in our cars like they do out West.
I lived in Saskatchewan for a few months and their winters are bad. They get -40/-50 daily. Their cars are actually built with plug in outlets in the hood. Every home’s driveway has a pole with an outlet so you before you head to bed, you plug your car in and the engine stays warm all night!
Thanks to my old roommate, Adrian, here is what their cars look like:
Joey – Weekend Annnouncer on Fresh Radio