Unicorn fans everywhere rejoiced earlier this week when Starbucks released it’s limited edition Unicorn Frappuccino Blended Creme drink.
Now, there’s no way this magical, colour changing, extravaganza of a beverage doesn’t contain a ton of sugar but just how much exactly? Before revealing how much sweet stuff is in that sucker lets go over 5 food items that have less.
- A bowl of Fruit Loops cereal (12g of sugar PER cup)
2. 1/2 a cup Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream (25g of sugar)
3. 1 pack of Sour Patch Kids (36g of sugar)
4. A can of Coke (39g of sugar)
5. A Boston Cream Donut from Tim Hortons (58g of sugar)
Let’s recap: All of those items have LESS sugar than the Unicorn Frappuccino.
So, how much sugar does it contain? In a Grande you are getting 59g (almost 1/3 cup)!! Hey, we all deserve a treat once in a while but keep in mind that you might have a bit of a sugar high after this one.
Then the inevitable sugar crash.